Save the Date: 9.15.2019
Long Island, July 26, 2019 – For the 3rd time, Long Island will host Le Dîner en Blanc. On September 15, 2019, the annual secret affair, promises another unforgettable evening of elegance, beauty and magic, as it takes over an undisclosed public space whose location is only revealed minutes prior to the commencement of the event. Last year over 2,000 foodies, fashion and cultural enthusiasts attended the event at Long Island's premier entertainment destination, NYCB LIVE, home of the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum and 2,500 are expected this year.
Registration to participate to this unique event happens in three stages: Phase 1 is for members from the previous year; Phase 2 is for new members who are referred by Phase I attendees; Phase 3 is for people who signed up on the waiting list. To be part of this unique experience, people can sign up now at register.dinerenblanc.com/longisland.
“Discover Long Island chic fete while dining under the stars amongst friends. Long Island is dear to my heart and allows us to introduce the most prestigious and iconic public spaces of our beloved peninsula to guest in elegance and syle”, says Donyshia Boston-Hill and Shanoy Skeete, returning co-host of the magical evening as we entertain old friends and introduce new friends to the Le Diner en Blanc traditions.”
Bystanders will witness groups of guests all dressed in white gathering at specific rallying points all across the city. Guided by Dîner en Blanc volunteers, these groups will then converge on one of the city’s most beautiful setting, travelling by foot, bus and public transportation. Every guest brings their own gourmet feast, table, chairs and table setting. Over the course of the evening, they will eat and celebrate amid music, entertainment and dancing.
The evening is filled with visually breathtaking moments including the waving of a cloth napkin to mark the beginning of the dinner and the lighting of sparklers to let guests know they are now free to mingle and dance. When at the end of the evening the trumpet sounds, guests pack up all of their belongings, pick up all their litter and head back into the night, leaving behind no sign of their elegant revelry.
To maintain the uniqueness of Le Dîner en Blanc as well as staying true to tradition, guests must observe certain requirements and follow a few key rules:
- Once confirmed, each guest’s participation becomes mandatory, regardless of weather conditions. This is a rain or shine event.
- Dress code: elegant and white only. Originality is encouraged as long as it is stylish and tasteful.
- Table setting: all white!
- To ensure that the location secret is kept undisclosed until last minute, guests meet at assigned departure location and are escorted by a Dîner en Blanc volunteer.
- In order to leave the event location as clean as when they arrived, guests are required to leave with all their belongings, leftovers and litter.
Guests must bring
- A table, two white chairs, white tablecloth.
- A picnic basket comprising fine food and proper stemware and white dinnerware.
- A catered picnic basket option, which can be picked up on site, will be available for those who do not wish to pack their own. Guests wishing to do so must reserve online through Le Dîner en Blanc’s e-store.
- Champagne and/or wine. Beer and hard liquor are prohibited.
Le Dîner en Blanc – Long Island gratefully acknowledges Resorts World Casino NYC as an official local partner of the 2019 edition of Le Dîner en Blanc.
About the Hosts of Le Dîner en Blanc – Long Island
Le Dîner en Blanc – Long Island hosting team is composed of Donyshia Boston-Hill and Shanoy Skeete. Donyshia Boston-Hill is CEO of Keeper of the Brand Marketing & Digital Agency. Donyshia is also co-host of Tower Talk Business Radio on WHPC 90.3 FM, TV correspondent of The Donna Drake Show and Co-Host of The Vera Moore Talk Show. Shanoy Skeete is a Professional Lifestyle & Event Production Director with over 16 years of experience. Shanoy "Mr. Lifestyle & Nightlife" has produced some of New York Cities most elegant and memorable events.
Leave a CommentLogin
Please log to your Member account to write on the wall: